Our client is a large international law firm with a thriving satellite office in Palo Alto. Our client values the diverse and inclusive workplace they have worked tirelessly to create. They are currently seeking a Trial Secretary to join the Litigation/Trial group in their Silicon Valley Office.
- Prepare, send and track subpoenas; schedule depositions with multiple parties, including attorney, clients and court reporters; create pleadings/discovery binders.
- Prepare and format pre-trial and trial documents.
- Organize, index and file case documents.
- Create, edit, revise, redline, and/or proofread documents from dictation, handwritten, typed, and/or electronic copy.
- Complex calendar management including; meetings, business trips, and conferences.
- Coordinate client/attorney/administrative conferences, meetings, and appointments.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and prepare itineraries as necessary.
- Prepare and file paper and electronic documents with appropriate courts and agencies.
- Coordinate preliminary conflicts checks. Prepare new client/matter intake forms and engagement letters and audit responses.
- Assist with billing process, including daily time entry. Prepare accounting documents as required, including check requests, expense and travel reimbursement requests, and trust documents.
- 5+ years of legal secretary experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Knowledge of State and Federal Court Procedures and Rules.
- E-filing experience required.
- Must have experience with Calendaring
- Strong attention to detail, proofreading and organizational skills.
Salary: Up to 82K. Can be flexible depending on years of experience.