Our client is a large international law firm with over a century of proven results providing premier legal services to their clients. The law firm has a small SF office which is growing. The office offers a friendly family style environment. Everyone works hard as a team but still maintain a fantastic quality of life. They are currently looking for an experienced Litigation Secretary to support 3 attorneys.
If you are a LITIGATION SECRETARY with 5+ years of strong Litigation experience the salary will go up to 85K with an outstanding benefit package. The firm has a 7.5 hour work day.
- Review and apply federal, state, local and standing orders for motions, pleadings, and other court filings.
- Create TOC and TOA using Best Authority,
- Check for citations, draft certificates of service, perform redlines, enter attorney edits, finalize formatting.
- Update court dockets, calendar court, discovery, and client deadlines.
- Draft discovery templates and serve discovery on counsel of record..
- Prepare, calendar, and track subpoenas and depositions.
- Prepare attorneys for fact and expert depositions.
- Maintain attorney calendars and contacts in Outlook and InterAction.
- Administrative duties include; organize conference calls, maintain CLE records, travel arrangements, prepare and submit expense reports, enter time, .
- Assist in preparation of pitch meetings, marketing initiatives and update attorney bios,
- Work with Billing Department on prebill edits.
- 5+ years of Litigation Secretary experience with the above responsibilities.
- Accurate typing, strong word processing skills.
- Familiarity with legal terminology and procedures.
- Excellent communication and grammar skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain flexibility regarding work assignments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office,
- E-Filing experience is required.