Our client is a professional office that manages the investments and philanthropic activities of a prominent Bay Area family. They are seeking a legal assistant in their San Francisco financial district location to oversee the administration of all legal documents including estates, trusts, wills and corporate legal entities. This is a new position due to company growth and a great opportunity for someone who has 3-5 years of hybrid legal secretary/paralegal experience.
- Maintains an organized system of electronic and paper file records
- Collaborates with internal staff, external third parties and outside counsel regarding legal documents
- Tracks and manages changes to legal documents, including trustee changes, amendments, legal entities etc.
- Prepares legal filings and documents
- Analyzes contracts and provides guidance regarding key components and legal requirements
- Acts as primary notary
- Assists in administering policies and procedures, forms, etc.
- Assists in administrative tasks including filing, copying, faxing etc.
- Provides administrative support and assistance to assigned team members as needed
- Proactively identifies and addresses urgent situations and determines appropriate actions, monitors status of pending items, and provides updates/feedback
- Ensures the confidentiality and control of client information
- 3-5 years of legal assistant experience in a law firm or corporate legal department
- Knowledge of trust and estate law and contract principles and best practices is preferred
- Excellent legal writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Notary certification required
- Paralegal certificate helpful but not required
Up to $90K DOE. Some flexibility may be possible for the right experience.