Human Resource Coordinator
A preeminent law firm in the Silicon Valley is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator. Our client provides an environment that embraces and encourages positive-minded professionals who seek to be challenged and thrive on a never ending quest to improve and enhance their skills and knowledge. The Firm understands that all their employees are critical to providing industry leading client service which depends on a culture built on inclusion and teamwork.
The Human Resource Coordinator will work closely with the Human Resources Manager on matters regarding attorneys and administrative staff within the Silicon Valley office. The HR Coordinator will assist in the administration and coordination in all phases of employment, from hire to termination. This includes recruitment, benefits, training, and employee relations.
- Manage the new-hire on-boarding process.
- Manage the full recruitment cycle for administrative staff.
- Coordinate employee off-boarding process.
- Maintain records and databases, update and distribute recruiting reports, keep all applications and resumes, maintain various agency agreements and other ad hoc projects.
- Act as point person for employment verification procedures.
- Administer benefits for the office including preparation of pre-employment packages and answer employee questions about all benefits offered.
- Provide assistance with employee relations matters.
- Assists in the administion of the monthly professional and personal development trainings for the office.
- Assist with firm events and liaise with vendors and service representatives as needed.
- Manage unemployment, worker's compensation and disability claims, process leaves of absence, communicate all claims and leaves to NYO.
- 2+ years experience in an HR role within a fast-paced corporate environment; big law experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent education and experience required.
- Highly energetic, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and strong project management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel skills required.
- Previous experience working with Workday or other HRIS platforms required.