Our client is an international law firm with a prominent presence in California. It is consistently ranked in the AmLaw 100 Top Law Firms, and receives the coveted Forbes Best Places to Work award yearly. This firm strives to provide its employees with development opportunities, and invests in them.
They are seeking a Litigation Secretary to join their Intellectual Property Group in their Palo Alto office.
- Preparation of documents and correspondence, including engagement and occasional audit response letters.
- Extensive client contact.
- Scheduling appointments, conferences, and make travel arrangements.
- Expense report preparation.
- Maintain attorney daily calendars
- Creation and maintenance of files and e-files.
- Maintaining litigation binders and case contact lists.
- Provide trial support.
- Perform searches within PACER and United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Calendaring litigation dates, maintaining trial calendars, and subpoena process.
- 7+ years of experience as a litigation secretary.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in filing of documents in Federal Courts (nationwide), International Trade Commission as well as the Patent and Trademark Appeals Board.
- E-filing experience.
- Strong experience with document processing.
- Skilled with legal document formatting, including; Table of Contents, Table of Authorities, and Motion for Summary Judgment.
- Familiarity working with patents and Inter Parte Reviews (“IPRs”) is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (both orally and in writing).
- Strong MS office skills.
- College degree preferred.
Salary: Up to 95K. Maybe flexible depending on experience. Outstanding benefit package.