Our client is a large international firm that is currently searching for a Records Specialist for their San Francisco office. Our client is a top rated law firm employer in the industry. They offer a progressive and intellectually stimulating environment.
The Records Specialist will be responsible for implementing processes and procedures to effectively manage the firms electronic and physical records in support of the firms Records Management strategy.
• Work with lawyers and administrative staff with regards to issues of electronic records organization, access, retention, and disposition;
• Provide guidance to practice groups and firm administrative departments to ensure compliance with the firms records management policies;
• Coordinate with the firms Legal Hold Manager to ensure compliance with all legal hold/preservation orders and collection processes.
• Reduce offsite storage inventory and related costs by implementing the firms strategy for retention and destruction of both physical and electronic records;
• Provide support and guidance to attorneys and staff for electronic records stored on shared drives or other electronic records repositories;
• Perform Records scanning activities when needed;
• Conduct regular audits of physical files stored in local offices;
• Execute processes for electronic records disposition, including email and litigation support data in response to court-ordered document destruction or implementation of firm retention policies;
• Process electronic and physical records received in conjunction with the on-boarding of new lateral attorneys or transfer of matters to the firm;
• Execute processes for collection, review, and release of electronic and physical records necessary to comply with client records transfer requests;
• Execute records collection and disposition processes related to attorney and staff departures.
• Proficiency with the SharePoint, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline driven, detail-oriented work environment;
• Knowledge of records preservation procedures, practices, and techniques;
• Experience importing/exporting data to and from iManage WorkSite;
• Knowledge of Professional Services Firms records programs;
• Experience with the iManage Worksite document management software;
• Bachelors degree
• 3+ years of experience with information management and/or information technology.
Salary: Up to 80K. Could be flexible depending on experience.