Our client is a major energy provider in California. They are seeking a temporary corporate paralegal in the San Francisco office for a six-month project, starting asap.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of paralegal work experience, preferably in corporate and finance work.
- Proficiency in law department software and technology.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of general legal concepts, terminology and principles related to SEC and state/jurisdictional filings, financing transactions, corporate formation and charter documents, and litigation requests.
- Paralegal Certificate.
- 5 years Legal Assistant experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to operate independently with limited attorney supervision.
- Takes initiative and works independently.
Provide assistance to the Corporate/Finance Group, which may include work in the following areas
- Assist with preparation and filing of various documents in support of the company’s public company disclosure obligations, such as Forms 3, 4 and 5, 8-K, and, as requested, 10-Q and 10-K.
- Support annual and quarterly reporting process, including drafting, reviewing and proofreading documents, preparing timelines.
- Manage pre-clearance process and compliance with Insider Trading Policy.
- Support strategic transactions, including due diligence, document preparation, closing mechanics and post-closing integration and administration.
- Assist in maintaining and managing corporate subsidiary matters, which may include formation and dissolution, and drafting of governing documents and required filings.
- Provide litigation support, as needed, which may include document retention requests and discovery.