Our client is a mid sized congenial family friendly California law firm. Everyone in the firms helps each other when needed, they are very team orientated. Their San Francisco office is searching for an experienced Litigation Paralegal with strong e-discovery skills.
The Litigation Paralegal should have a strong background in legal procedures and litigation. The Paralegal provides the primary technology support for the team, and must be proficient in litigation support software. As the individual responsible for numerous trial and hearing support tasks, including document management, e-discovery, subpoenas, exhibits and witness lists, the Paralegal should have strong organizational skills and be able to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Manages and controls documents produced and received in litigation.
- Responsible for importing documents into CaseLogistix.
- Using litigation support software, import, download, code and tag documents.
- Responsible for Bates Stamping documents.
- Prepares deposition notices; responsible for managing all tasks related to deposition transcripts; downloads transcripts into software.
- Schedules witness interviews and prepares witness binders for interviews.
- Prepares initial form and special interrogatories.
- Prepares timelines, outlines and other reports.
- Assist in preparing and filing motions, attorney and witness declarations, exhibits, and cite checks Points and Authorities and citations.
- Maintains a calendar of litigation deadlines for assigned matters.
- Prepares jury instructions.
- Prepares subpoenas of individuals and documents.
- Prepares exhibits and exhibit lists and notebooks.
- Has knowledge of and understanding of court filing procedures and court rules.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), iCreate, Nuance and Adobe Acrobat
- Highly detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Salary: Up to 80K. Could be flexible for the right candidate and years of experience.